Reboot for the Chills of Winter
Let the bargains begin! It’s the time to pick up your spirits and soothe your feet, and nothing captures the season’s style pulse better than the boot.
Refresh your wardrobe with Classic Styles—boots with clean lines that never appear to go out of style, or a splash of Fashion Fabulous which guarantees to make everything else you wear look au courant. The fun is when the mix of fashion and classic appears all in the same boot.
Fashion Recap: Fur, suede, shearling, and animal prints as accents or major statements. Military influences mesh with the rugged outdoors detailed by buckles, grommets, and soles that grip. Other notables: lace-ups, chunky knits and camel tones. Overall style: feminine assertiveness.
New Shapes: The Bootie looks like a shoe on steroids. Not to be confused with an ankle boot, which is cut a little higher on the leg; Booties caress the entire foot. The newness of shape makes it the most distinctive boot trend this season. But the ankle boot—a more familiar silhouette—still remains a classic.
Wedge soles provide height but are much friendlier on the feet than a high heel, which makes it popular with women who demand both comfort and style.
Over-the-knee boots create the long, clean line of a long, slim leg. Irresistible.
Shopping links for the slideshow:
1. Tory Burch “Corbet” Glitter-Covered Booties
2. Sigerson Morrison “Bondage” Booties
3. Military influenced “McCreless” at Aldo
4. Over the knee wedge “Saratoga” by Stuart Weitzman
5. “Air Michelle” Shearling Boot at Cole Haan
6. Faux-fur “Parker Bootie” by Michael Kors
7. “Kaia” Uggs designed by Jimmy Choo
8. Leopard print boot by Giuseppe Zanotti
9. “Lecaros” lace-up bootie by Aldo
10. “Roxie” leather boot at Marmi
11. Suede knee-high boot by APC at Creatures of Comfort
12. “Ivo” flat boot by Claudia Ciuti
13. “Greenwater” red boot by El Naturalista